Technology Tulsa ADAS Calibration is ruling today’s world. There is no industry in the world as a whole that hasn’t benefited from technology. The automobile industry has also witnessed many changes in this century. Technological changes have eased our tasks and given us safer and secure lives.
One of the most significant developments that the automobile industry has witnessed is the ADAS technology or Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. Almost every person who owns a vehicle must have heard of this term. In this post, we will discuss some things that you should know about ADAS.
ADAS technology aims to improve the driving experience and make it smoother and safer. But, if you want that ADAS system to work accurately, you make sure that all the devices such as sensors and cameras are correctly calibrated. According to your vehicle’s requirements, the expert will decide if the calibration will be static or dynamic.
Let us know more about ADAS.
First, the ADAS Advanced Driver Assistance System is nothing but a collection or a group of safety features. The system uses several cameras and sensors placed at several parts of the car.
This system aims to enhance the safety of its passengers and prevent accidents that might occur due to human error. In a nutshell, this technology assists and aids in preventing accidents. Let us now look at the key features of this technology:
- Lane departure warning
- Automatic cruise control
- Park assist
- Pedestrian protection
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Headlights control
- Collision warning
Now that you know what ADAS is, it is better to have additional information about this technology.
ADAS calibration aims to ensure devices used in this system, such as the camera and sensors, are correctly aligned. When these devices are correctly aligned only the system works accurately. Dynamic calibration cannot be held without a trained technician. However, in the case of static calibration things can work out with some special equipment only.
When is the right time for ADAS calibration?
Here are some of the incidents where ADAS calibration becomes extremely important:
- In case of vehicle collision
- After windshield replacement or repair
- Replacement of tires
Things that can cause ADAS malfunctioning
ADAS is one of the most successful technologies in the automobile industry; however, the system can malfunction due to several reasons. Generally, when the vehicle undergoes auto glass replacement or repair, it often leads to misalignment. ADAS devices like sensors and cameras can ruin the working of the entire system. Therefore it is important in such situations to immediately rush. To an expert and get ADAS recalibration as soon as possible. Never make the mistake of fixing the devices yourself. Because experts use special tools and knowledge to calibrate.
Besides that, this system might also get flawed during muddy conditions or in winters. Debris and dust can easily settle on windshields, cameras, and sensors which do affect the functionality of the system. In case debris or dust is covering the windshield or any of the cameras and sensors. It can greatly affect the Tulsa ADAS Calibration. So make sure that you clean your car regularly. If you find any problem with the system you should go to an expert as soon as possible.
Kinds of ADAS calibration
Now that we know about ADAS calibration let’s discuss several kinds of calibration. Generally, there are two kinds of ADAS calibration – static ADAS calibration and dynamic ADAS calibration. But don’t worry; we have explained both the terms in detail here:
- Dynamic ADAS calibration: Dynamic ADAS calibration is also called mobile calibration. In dynamic ADAS calibration, the vehicle is calibrated using a handheld unit that is plugged into the vehicle directly. After the unit is attached to the car or any other vehicle. The car will be driven at a particular speed over a set distance in controlled weather. The ADAS system is expected to respond to the unexpected problems in this test.
- Static calibration: Static calibration is another kind of calibration that involves technological features that can be calibrated in a controlled environment when the car isn’t driven. This type of calibration requires expert and advanced equipment such as the camera and sensor calibration (CSC) tools. You should note one thing that whether your vehicle needs a static or dynamic calibration. Entirely depends on the needs of your vehicle.
Some of the key advantages of ADAS technology:
- The system assists in avoiding accidents or collisions by using forward collision warning features.
- The system makes driving much safer with its several safety features.
- The biggest aim of this technology is to make journeys safer for the passengers.
- This technology also gives driving convenience as it has many safety and warning features.
There is no doubt about the fact that the future of automobiles is Tulsa ADAS Calibration. You cannot take your safety for granted. With traffic increasing on the road every day, it is imperative that you have a system. That can help you when you are driving your vehicle on the road. This is where technologies like ADAS can prove to be lifesaving.
It is because not every mechanic or technician can perform the best job. There are a few shoddy mechanics out there who claim that they know everything about ADAS, but they know nothing. Go to only a reputed shop that has some of the best technicians with it. Luckily there are a few shops available in Tulsa OK (Oklahoma) and surrounding suburbs. Broken Arrow, Owasso, Jenks, Bixby, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Glenpool, and Coweta. Here you will find some of the best technicians and as well the best ADAS-related products.