Do you need car window repair Tulsa? A windshield allows you to view the road while driving. It is a window that allows you to see the outside world. Therefore, it is a very essential part of a vehicle. However, windshields can get dirty due to multiple reasons such as dry dust, stray leaves, mud, bird droppings, insect platter, etc. In this post, we are about to discuss how you can keep your windshield clean in the best way.
Things that you should consider before cleaning your windshield!
There are certain things that you should know before cleaning the windshield; let’s check out a few of them:
● Selecting the appropriate glass cleaner
There are numerous types of glass cleaners available on the market and most of them contain ammonia. Ammonia does more harm than good to your Tulsa windshields. It could damage the protective layer of the auto glass. Thus, select a cleaner that is ammonia-free and doesn’t leave any residue.
● Selecting the right cloth
Always use a good quality cloth to wipe the auto glass. In case you use a microfiber cloth, make sure that weighs a minimum of 300 GSM that can hold more water. The cloth you choose should also have a smooth texture otherwise it can scratch the windshield and the only option that you will be left with is to go for auto glass repair Tulsa.
Easy steps to clean the streaks and smudges on your auto glass:
It is important to regularly clean the windshield. If left unclean for a long time it can lead to scratches and even cracks in extreme cases. In many situations, you will be left with no option to go for auto glass repair Tulsa or even windshield replacement Tulsa
Things that you will need while cleaning the auto glass:
1. Windshield cleaner
2. Warm water
3. A pair of microfiber towels
4. Car wax (it is optional)
5. Clay bar
A guide to properly clean the windshield:
○ Spray the glass cleaner on the windshield of the car. Do not use cleaners with harmful chemicals such as ammonia. These chemicals can discolor the glass or it will tint the glass yellow. Always spray on the half off the windshield first with the solution of your choice. If you will spread the solution on the entire windshield it will evaporate very quickly which will leave Proceed residue of the solution on the glass.
○ Use random straight or circular motions to wipe off the cleaning spray from the surface of the windshield. This step will scrape away any dried substance or tough stains on the glass such as mud, food, bird droppings. Get car window repair Tulsa.
Car Window Repair Tulsa
○ No roll the fabric around your finger and then go near the edges of the windshield. Debris and dirt often collect in between the rubber tubing and the glass. People generally clean the larger area of the windshield and forget to clean the sides. Small rock particles can even accumulate on the sides. It is important to remove them if they are left, they might even crack the windshield and then you will have to go for car window repair Tulsa.
○ The next step includes pouring some warm water into half of the glass and then gently using the clay bar to clean the glass. This will ensure that all the articles come off the windshield. To clean the windshield properly with the clay bar, use random straight or circular motion. In case your clay bar has stuck on the glass, go to that area until the bar slides smoothly.
Now repeat the above steps again on the other half of the windshield.
You can use a drive microfiber fabric to wipe the windshield. This is an optional step if you do not have a car wax you can skip it. Use regular car wax to apply a very thin layer of it on the windshield Tulsa using a microfiber cloth. Now hold on for a few minutes and then start puffing. This will ensure that your windshield is crystal clear and it repels the rainwater.
How does the windshield get much and streaks?
Many reasons can cause your windshield to smudge or streak. These reasons can be wet dirt in the rainy season, accumulation of dust particles, insect platter, birds dropping or feathers, and much more. These can be removed with the help of a premium quality glass cleaner, warm water, microfiber cloth, car wax and clay bar.
How to prevent smudges and streaking?
One of the key reasons for streaks and smudges on the windshield is not drying it properly after cleaning and low-quality wipers. If you’ll take extra precautions to eliminate these reasons for smudges and streaking, half of your problem will go away.
Car Window Repair Tulsa
Methods mentioned here to clean the windshield will ensure that there is no accumulation of loose dust or dirt on the windshield, which will enable clear visibility at the crystal clear glass. If you go to a reputed windshield replacement Tulsa or windshield repair Tulsa shop, you will get the best advice on how to clean the auto glass Tulsa, so that it remains strong and scratch-free. You are lucky that there are a few such shops in Tulsa, Ok (Oklahoma) & surrounding suburbs Broken Arrow, Owasso, Jenks, Bixby, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Glenpool, and Coweta . Here you will get the best advice from the most professional technicians.