Get Bixby windshield repair today. When you drive your vehicle, you want everything to be safe. You want it to be free from all kinds of issues while driving or while it is parked. At times, these things are unavoidable and you need to deal with them. Has something ever fell on your windshield causing it to crack? You must be happy that you are safe and unharmed. However, at the same time, you might be thinking about how to stop the crack from spreading further. You should know how dangerous a cracked or damaged auto glass Tulsa is.
Even a tiny crack on the windshield can cause discomfort to the driver. People generally ignore tiny cracks or scratches but they shouldn’t. The damage can be a pressure spilled, a small chip or a star crack depending upon the look and the range of the crack.
The glass expands and contracts with the change in temperature and stress causing the crack to deepen. Besides, a damaged windshield can even reduce visibility and can cause discomfort to the driver. Therefore it is important to go for Windshield repair Tulsa as soon as possible. If you neglect even a tiny chip for a few days it can deepen the damage. And, there will be a time when repairs won’t do the job, and you will have to go for Windshield replacement in Tulsa. Get Bixby windshield repair today.
Dangers of a damaged windshield
Many people believe that damaged or a cracked windshield will not cause any harm. However, windshield experts suggest quick restorative steps- windshield replacement Tulsa or repair depending on the extent of the damage.
If the damage is in front of the driver it can reduce the visibility which is a serious concern. Even a tiny scratch can impede the vision of the driver by causing a prism effect. Get Bixby windshield repair today.
Apart from protecting the passengers from external weather, dirt, and debris auto glass also provide structural support to the vehicle.
A broken or damaged windshield will not provide security in the event of an accident. However, it is not always necessary to immediately rush to an expert when you see a narrow chip. Your immediate step should be to prevent the damage from spreading.
How to prevent windshield crack from spreading?
It is important to inspect the extent of damage before that. In case the crack is about one inch broad or if the damage is deep or if it is there for a long period then the best option would be to go for Windshield replacement Tulsa OK. But if the crack or chip is small then a solid auto glass repair Tulsa will make your windshield as good as new. Get Bixby windshield repair today.
Here are a few hacks that you can use to prevent windshield crack from spreading further.
- The very first thing you should do is to make sure that stressors such as dust, dirt and other trash should not penetrate the damage. You can prevent this by placing clear tape on the damage. You can even use duct tape if it isn’t impeding the driver’s vision. This will act as a barrier and stop dirt or dust to penetrate the crack. This hack will work under normal driving conditions.
- Another hack is to apply clear nail polish around the crack. Yes, you read that right! Although it is a temporary solution it can work well under normal driving circumstances. Firstly, clean the area around the crack and then fill the crack or chip with clear nail polish. It may sound a bit strange at first, but this hack is pretty effective. It can save your day if you are in a situation where you have no help available.
- Another temporary but pocket-friendly hack is to use super glue. Yes, you can use this but remember it is a temporary solution and it will work on minor chips or cracks. Firstly, clean the damaged area. Make sure there is no dirt or dust settled on the crack. Then use a dropper to fill the chip or crack with the super glue. Make sure that the glue is spread evenly on the crack. If there is any excess glue, wipe it off with a clean and soft cloth.
- Rain, snow, and sunlight can cause the crack to deepen or grow bigger. High-intensity wind can also worsen the crack. Parking your vehicle in the shaded and cool area will make sure that the damaged windshield remains protected. So, it’s not only while driving you can damage your windshield, but if left untreated, even a tiny crack can create some trouble.
- You should seek the help of windshield experts. They have sufficient knowledge and information and tools and equipment to inspect and repair the damage. They can tell if your windshield needs auto glass repair Tulsa or replacement.
- In case all these hacks fail to prevent the damage from spreading you should go to a windshield expert as soon as possible. Do not delay any further in this case. The earlier you fix the crack the better it is or else you will have to replace the glass completely. Multiple cracks or deep damage can impede the vision and reduce the durability of the windshield. In such a situation, go for Tulsa windshield replacement.
Bixby Windshield Repair
Auto glass Tulsa plays an essential role in protecting the passengers from dirt, dust, and external weather conditions. In case of accidents, it provides maximum security by providing structural support to the vehicle. When such an essential part gets even a little crack you should not ignore it. Take all the necessary steps to keep the windshield healthy. Now you know the hacks to use, but only use them when you have no other option. Otherwise, always take your vehicle to a reputed windshield repair shop in Tulsa, Ok (Oklahoma) & surrounding suburbs Broken Arrow, Owasso, Jenks, Bixby, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Glenpool, and Coweta. You will find the best technicians and best products for Tulsa windshields. Get Bixby windshield repair today.