Do you need a windshield replacement? When you drive your vehicle, you may encounter many problems. You must have heard many stories from people telling that they encountered some problem while driving and how they dealt with it. Some tell false things that can be misleading at times. Yes, windshield replacement Tulsa of vehicles has a story behind it in most cases.
The stories depict that most car owners are still not fully aware of the facts related to the replacement of auto glass Tulsa. Replacement and repair experts say they often find that the cracks were initially tiny chips. Due to the negligence of car owners, they gradually turn so big that they have to opt for windshield replacement. Hence, car owners should not neglect tiny chips and cracks on the windshield.
Cracks on the windshield of your car are normal. Any stone or debris while driving may fly off and affect your windshield and produce cracks. A stone traveling at a speed of more than 70km/hr may result in establishing cracks on your windshield. However, there are many myths associated with chips and cracks on the windshield and its repair. Today, we will bust some of them so that you can easily opt to get your windshield repaired before it turns into something major.
Windshield Crack Repair is Costly
- One of the major misconceptions people have regarding windshield replacement Tulsa is that it is costly. Most car dealerships or several windshield replacement companies don’t repair your windshield. They just go for its replacement since it is more profitable for them. As a result, they often misguide their consumers regarding the cost of getting your windshield repaired. In reality, getting a small crack repaired is not that expensive. It is far less than the cost of installing a new one.
Repair of Windscreen Chip Takes Time
- A lot of time is taken to repair a windscreen is one of the most prominent myths. People are too busy to take time out and reach out to an expert and don’t know the actual time it takes to get your windscreen repaired. They keep driving around with a broken windshield until it needs complete windshield replacement Tulsa Ok. A few believe that they will have to leave their car for a day with the mechanic to get their windshield repaired. However, in reality, windshield repair is a matter of just a few minutes. You will not have to spare more than an hour to get chips and cracks on your windshield fixed.
A crack will not get worse
- Car owners think that cracks can wait and that they will remain the same, even if they drive with a broken windshield. Several car owners are often found driving with a chipped and cracked windshield. They are reluctant to take their car to the workshop and get it repaired. This negligence results in expanding the crack they have on their windscreen. They reach out to technicians when it grows, and they face difficulties in driving. Small cracks are repairable, but chips bigger than a coin are not repairable. Hence, it is always advisable to get windshield chips repaired at the earliest.
Repaired Windshield is compromised
- You are of the wrong notion if you think that a new windshield is better than a repaired one. When you get your auto glass Tulsa repaired by the experts, its strength is the same as that of a new one. The chemicals or resin used to get your windscreen fixed have the same properties as that of a windscreen. When treated as per standard procedures, it has similar optical and mechanical features as a new windscreen. So when you get your windshield repaired or fixed, its strength is not compromised.
All chips and cracks are the same
- people who think that a crack is a crack, no matterwhat must know that it is not true. Chips and cracks on the windshield are of different kinds, and all of them are not repairable. As stated, chips and cracks smaller than that of a coin can only be repaired safely. Also, chips and cracks in the driver’s line of vision or one that is closer to the edge can’t be repaired.
All windshield repair or replacement companies are the same
- All auto glass Tulsa repair companies are not the same. The standard of services offered and products used vary to a great extent. Also, not all windshield replacement companies repair windscreens. Car windshield repair is a specialized job that needs expertise and the right set of tools. To get your Tulsa glass repair, you should only choose a team of professionals with years of experience. There are a few good windshield repair Tulsa shops are there in Tulsa, Ok (Oklahoma) & surrounding suburbs Broken Arrow, Owasso, Jenks, Bixby, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Glenpool, and Coweta.
Windshield Replacement Tulsa
There are plenty of options available to you when it comes to windshield repair or replacement. You can either opt for mobile car window repair services or visit the technicians’ workshop to get it repaired. For that, you need to approach an expert. The expert team knows which cracks to repair and when it is not safe to do so. When companies don’t have the required expertise and skills to get a crack repaired, they will ask you to replace your windshield. Therefore, make an informed choice while looking for repair and replacement experts.